- On May 18, 2018
In Q1 there were 47 RIA deal transactions resulting in the highest activity ever recorded in a quarter.
Highlights from their research:
RIA Sales Activity
- 42% increase over the previous quarter
- Q1 2018 beats the previous record set in Q1 2017 with 46 deals
- 64% of deals were established RIA sales
- Established RIA sales doubled the volume of the previous quarter and were up 25% over the first quarter in 2017
- RIAs sold averaged $858MM in AUM
Breakaway Advisor RIA activity ($100MM+ AUM)
- 64% of Q1 Breakaway activity was with advisors having between $100-$250MM in AUM
- In Q1 there was only one breakaway to RIA with over $750MM AUM
- Three-Year Average Quarterly M&A Activity remains steady
- Average AUM for breakaways in Q1 was $335MM
“The trend of RIAs joining larger firms to gain access to back-office operations, enhanced services and other benefits of the scale was a key driver in seller decisions,” said Vic Esclamado, Managing Director at DeVoe & Company.
See DeVoe & Company Dealbook
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.